gfortran
Kouzes, Richard T
RKouzes@pnnl.gov
Mon Aug 8 21:27:00 GMT 2011
Thanks. That got me one step farther. Now it says:
gfortran hello.f
ld: unknown option: -no_compact_unwind
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Any idea?
Thanks
Dick
___________________________________________________________
Richard Kouzes, Ph.D.
Laboratory Fellow
FUNDAMENTAL & COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCES DIRECTORATE
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
902 Battelle Boulevard
P.O. Box 999, MSIN K7-36
Richland, WA 99352 USA
Tel: 509-372-4858
Fax: 509-372-4969
Cell: 509-430-0873
Home: 509-628-0152
rkouzes@pnl.gov
www.pnl.gov
webpages.charter.net/rkouzes
________________________________
From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 14:07:38 -0700
To: "Kouzes, Richard T" <RKouzes@pnnl.gov>
Cc: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: gfortran
"Kouzes, Richard T" <RKouzes@pnnl.gov> writes:
> I am new to this, and want to get gfortran running on my Mac. I downloaded and installed gfortran-4.6.1-i686-SnowLeopard
> When I run it in a terminal window by typing "gfortran hello.f" on a small file I created, I get:
> gfortran: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory
>
> Can you suggest what I am doing wrong?
You need to install the assembler, which is not part of the gfortran
package. On a Mac I believe you can do this by installing XCode.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list