Testing GCC-4.5.3 on mips-sgi-IRIX6.5

Callum Massey kais58@sucs.org
Wed Aug 24 16:46:00 GMT 2011


On 24/08/2011 17:02, Rainer Orth wrote:
> Hi Callum,
>
>>      I've been trying to build GCC on irix and while I seem to have one that
>>      works it fails a great deal of the test suite, so many even that the
>>      mail is too big for the test suite mailing list and gets rejected, so,
>>      here it is.
>>       http://sucs.org/~kais58/results
>>      I was hoping that someone from this could see where I'm going wrong and
>>      missed something out somewhere.
> Those results look really bad, but I assume some systematic error.  To
> investigate, one would need to look at e.g. gcc/testsuite/gcc/gcc.log to
> see how exactly the tests are failing.
https://sucs.org/~kais58/testsuite/ <https://sucs.org/%7Ekais58/testsuite/>
The entire testsuite directory is here
<https://sucs.org/%7Ekais58/testsuite/>
>
>>      GNU as/binutils 2.21.1
>>      SGI ld 7.4
> Those should be ok, that what I'm using myself all the time.  Which
> exact IRIX 6.5 build do you use (/bin/uname -R)?
/bin/uname -R
6.5 6.5.30m
Courtesy of SGI.
>>      Previous build of GCC-4.5.3 to compile it
>>      mpfr-3.0.1
>>      gmp-5.0.2
>>      mpc-0.9
> This might cause problems: I'd stay with the exact versions mentioned in
> the install docs, since I've often seens serious problems with older
> version.
I'll rebuild these and then use them to build gcc-4.6.1 now, do you mean 
the minimum required versions ie 2.4.2, 4.3.2, 0.8.1?
>>      GNU make 3.8.2
> I'm staying with 3.81, but 3.82 isn't so much worse hopefully.
>
> Another point: please try gcc 4.6.1 instead.  I've had serious problems
> with the 4.5 branch, with bootstraps often aborting somewhere in the
> middle with spurious SEGVs.  The same commands work fine if you restart
> the bootstrap from there.  I'd usually attribute this to flakey
> hardware, but the same machine is completely stable for me for 4.6 and
> 4.7 bootstraps.
>
> Btw., which versions of tcl, tk and dejagnu do you use?  I have tcl 8.4,
> expect 5.43.0, and dejagnu 1.4.4.
tcl/tk-8.5.10, expect-5.45, dejgnu-1.5 currently
>
> 	Rainer
>
Callum



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list