Bootstraping gcc-4.6.1 with Sun Studio on Solaris 9
Marc Glisse
marc.glisse@inria.fr
Mon Aug 15 13:04:00 GMT 2011
On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Maciej BliziÅski wrote:
> 2011/8/15 Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr>:
>> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Maciej BliziÅski wrote:
>>
>>> I'm working on a bootstrap of gcc-4.6.1 using Sun Studio on Solaris 9.
>>> I'm currently stuck at a liblto_plugin.so linking issue[1], but I'd
>>> first like to verify whether my general approach is correct.
>>
>> libtool doesn't seem to have noticed you are not using gcc/linux.
>
> Is there a standard way to tell it that?
Well, it works for me:
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC --tag=disable-static --mode=link cc -g -module -bindir /export/home/oracle/i/libexec/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.10/4.6.1 -o liblto_plugin.la -rpath /export/home/oracle/i/libexec/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.10/4.6.1 lto-plugin.lo -Wc,../libiberty/pic/libiberty.a
libtool: link: cc -G -h liblto_plugin.so.0 -o .libs/liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0 .libs/lto-plugin.o -lc ../libiberty/pic/libiberty.a
So it does know to use -G and -h instead of -shared and -soname. No idea
why it's different for you.
Btw, I set CC=cc and used --with-gmp=... --with-gnu-as --with-as=/usr/sfw/bin/gas --without-gnu-ld --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld
> http://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/gcc4/branches/bootstrap-4.6/files/0001-clear-AM_CFLAGS-in-lto-plugin.patch
>
> I think I saw tests for -Wall passing by in other parts of the build,
> perhaps they could be reused. I also saw that revision 177614
> addresses some of these issues, but I guess these changes haven't made
> it into a release yet.
Yes, that revision was only on trunk.
> There are some flags I need to pass to the last stage of the
> compilation, namely -march=v8, because of the policy at OpenCSW to
> build sparcv8 and not sparcv8+ (default for gcc) binaries. Looks like
> BOOT_CFLAGS work for that purpose.
You would still need CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET I guess. Doesn't configuring with
--with-arch=v8 or --with-arch-32=v8 work?
--
Marc Glisse
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list