Bootstraping gcc-4.6.1 with Sun Studio on Solaris 9

Marc Glisse marc.glisse@inria.fr
Mon Aug 15 10:18:00 GMT 2011

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Maciej BliziĂąski wrote:

> I'm working on a bootstrap of gcc-4.6.1 using Sun Studio on Solaris 9.
> I'm currently stuck at a liblto_plugin.so linking issue[1], but I'd
> first like to verify whether my general approach is correct.

libtool doesn't seem to have noticed you are not using gcc/linux.

> There is a mutual incompatibility between flags accepted by Sun Studio
> and GCC.  Therefore, 2 sets of CFLAGS are needed: one for the host
> compiler (here: Sun Studio), and one gcc for the subsequent stages.
> The first one is set via CFLAGS, and the second one is set via
> CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET.  Is this approach correct? (I also saw references
> to the TARGET_CFLAGS variable, so I'm not sure which one to use.)

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/build.html
(BOOT_CFLAGS)
But you should probably leave alone the flags used by gcc and only touch
the flags used by suncc (although the default ones worked well enough last
I tried).

--
Marc Glisse