Problem compiling for other platform
Brian Ipsen
brian.ipsen@ryesgade47c.dk
Wed Aug 10 05:46:00 GMT 2011
> >> /tmp/ccrc3fSw.s: Assembler messages:
> >> /tmp/ccrc3fSw.s:37: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push'
> >> /tmp/ccrc3fSw.s:50: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `call'
> >> /tmp/ccrc3fSw.s:76: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push'
> >> /tmp/ccrc3fSw.s:82: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
> >> /tmp/ccrc3fSw.s:101: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `call'
> >> /tmp/ccrc3fSw.s:104: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
> >
> >You are using a compiler generating 32-bit code with an assembler that
> defaults to expecting 64-bit code. You need to use an assembler which
> defaults to 32-bit mode, or tell your compiler to pass -32 to the assembler.
Update - I modfied the Makefile, so that the right assembler will be called.. Things looks a bit different now, when building, the build fails with:
/usr/local/i686-linux-gnu/bin/i686-linux-gnu-gcc -c -DIN_GCC -O2 -g -march=i686 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Icp -I../../gcc -I../../gcc/cp -I../../gcc/config -I../../gcc/../include ../../gcc/cp/decl.c -o cp/decl.o
../../gcc/cp/decl.c: In function 'push_binding_level':
../../gcc/cp/decl.c:510: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
Any hints ?
/Brian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list