Build error 4.6.1 for x86_64
david.hagood@gmail.com
david.hagood@gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 15:12:00 GMT 2011
I am trying to build a "cross" compiler for embedded development: hosted
on X86-64, targeting X86-64 (but not replacing the system GCC).
I am working from the 4.6.1 tarball from the GCC gnu.org site, building
with the system's native 4.5.1 (gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.5.1 20101208
[gcc-4_5-branch revision 167585]).
I can build this just fine for a powerpc64 target. However, when I build
for X86_64 target, I get the following errors:
libtool: compile:
/space/tools/ppc/build/x86_64-aeroflex-linux-gnu/gcc_phase2/./gcc/xgcc
-B/space/tools/ppc/build/x86_64-aeroflex-linux-gnu/gcc_phase2/./gcc/
-B/opt/aeroflex/tools/4.6.1/x86_64-aeroflex-linux-gnu/bin/
-B/opt/aeroflex/tools/4.6.1/x86_64-aeroflex-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem
/opt/aeroflex/tools/4.6.1/x86_64-aeroflex-linux-gnu/include -isystem
/opt/aeroflex/tools/4.6.1/x86_64-aeroflex-linux-gnu/sys-include
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/space/tools/ppc/src/gcc-4.6.1/libmudflap -Wall
-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -pipe -O3 -MT mf-runtime.lo -MD -MP
-MF .deps/mf-runtime.Tpo -c
/space/tools/ppc/src/gcc-4.6.1/libmudflap/mf-runtime.c -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/mf-runtime.o
/space/tools/ppc/src/gcc-4.6.1/libmudflap/mf-runtime.c:168:11: error:
conflicting types for Â__mf_lc_maskÂ
/space/tools/ppc/src/gcc-4.6.1/libmudflap/mf-runtime.h:46:23: note:
previous declaration of Â__mf_lc_mask was here
/space/tools/ppc/src/gcc-4.6.1/libmudflap/mf-runtime.c: In function
Â__mfu_checkÂ:
/space/tools/ppc/src/gcc-4.6.1/libmudflap/mf-runtime.c:833:24: warning:
cast from pointer to integer of different size [-Wpointer-to-int-cast]
(repeat a bunch of times)
The command I am using to configure the compiler is:
libc_cv_forced_unwind=yes \
libc_cv_c_cleanup=yes \
CFLAGS="-fPIC -DPIC -pipe -O3" \
CXXFLAGS="-fPIC -DPIC -pipe -O3" \
/space/tools/ppc/src/glibc-2.14/configure \
--with-sysroot=/opt/aeroflex/tools/4.6.1/x86_64-aeroflex-linux-gnu/sys-root
\
--with-headers=/opt/aeroflex/tools/4.6.1/x86_64-aeroflex-linux-gnu/sys-root/usr/include
\
--build=`/space/tools/ppc/src/glibc-2.14/scripts/config.guess` \
--host=x86_64-aeroflex-linux-gnu \
--target=x86_64-aeroflex-linux-gnu \
--enable-shared \
--enable-static \
--enable-pic \
--prefix=/usr \
\
--enable-shared
make
make install
Why is this building for PPC and not for X86? And how can I correct that?
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list