New parameter in GCC

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Wed Aug 3 13:09:00 GMT 2011


Harry Trinta <harrytpc@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't need to declare a variable to store the value which will be
> passed in the compilation?
>
> for example, I created a new compilation command:
> fip-host =
> Joined RejectNegative Common Var (host_ip_adress)
> Set the host ip adresses that  the gcov uses to send informations about coverage

That will create a variable for you.

> I do not need to declare the variable host_ip_adress somewhere?
> How do I access the value passed in the compilation?

You #include "options.h" refer to the variable host_ip_address.

To be clear, this will give you a new variable in the compiler itself.
It will not give you a variable in the gcov program, nor in the program
you are compiling.  You will have to figure out some mechanism to get
the value to the point where you need it.  It's not clear to me where
that point is.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list