New parameter in GCC

Harry Trinta harrytpc@gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 05:29:00 GMT 2011


I don't need to declare a variable to store the value which will be
passed in the compilation?

for example, I created a new compilation command:
fip-host =
Joined RejectNegative Common Var (host_ip_adress)
Set the host ip adresses that  the gcov uses to send informations about coverage


I do not need to declare the variable host_ip_adress somewhere?
How do I access the value passed in the compilation?

Thanks,
Harry

2011/8/3 Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>:
> Harry Trinta <harrytpc@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm developing a feature that sends  gcov information coverage  to a
>> remote host, via sockets.
>> So I would like the user to pass the host IP address via parameter
>> during compilation. Something like:
>>
>> gcc file.c -ftest-coverage -fprofile-arcs -ipHost=127.0.0.1
>>
>> where -ftest-coverage -fprofile-arcs are required in the use of gcov.
>> And -ipHost is my new parameter.
>
> You want a new command line option for gcc?  Make it start with -f, and
> add it to gcc/common.opt.
>
> Ian
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list