xgcc does not find gcc-4.6.0-go/./binutils/ar (because it is gcc-4.6.0-go/./binutils/binutils/ar)
Steffen Dettmer
steffen.dettmer@googlemail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:39:00 GMT 2011
Hi,
short:
what exactly is meant by "extract binutils in the same directory
as gcc" for combined build?
long:
I'm trying to build gccgo-4.6.0 for and on linux (UnitedLinux 1.0).
I extracted gcc as /usr/local/build/gcc/gcc-4.6.0/.
I extracted binutils in the same directory and symlinked
binutils-2.21 to binutils (also other tools as I found it in
installation instructions:
steffen@host:/usr/local/build/gcc # find gcc-4.6.0 -type l -maxdepth
1|xargs ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx 1 steffen develop [...] gcc-4.6.0/binutils -> binutils-2.21
lrwxrwxrwx 1 steffen develop [...] gcc-4.6.0/gmp -> gmp-4.3.2/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 steffen develop [...] gcc-4.6.0/mpc -> mpc-0.8.1/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 steffen develop [...] gcc-4.6.0/mpfr -> mpfr-2.4.2/
but make aborts:
/usr/local/build/gcc/gcc-4.6.0-go/./binutils/ar rc libgcc.a $objects
/bin/sh: line 8: /usr/local/build/gcc/gcc-4.6.0-go/./binutils/ar: No
such file or directory
make[3]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 127
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/build/gcc/gcc-4.6.0-go/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgcc'
make[2]: *** [all-stage1-target-libgcc] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/gcc/gcc-4.6.0-go'
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/gcc/gcc-4.6.0-go'
make: *** [all] Error 2
It is true that there is no
/usr/local/build/gcc/gcc-4.6.0-go/./binutils/ar
but there is
/usr/local/build/gcc/gcc-4.6.0-go/./binutils/binutils/ar
looking fine:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 steffen develop 3478239 2011-04-26 16:35
/usr/local/build/gcc/gcc-4.6.0-go/binutils/binutils/ar*
I can run it and it gives an usage like my old ar, so seems to be OK!
So I guess I put the "combined three" wrongly and configure does
not check this, but how do I do it right?
Is there any documentation beside http://gcc.gnu.org/install/
that could help?
I'm sorry that I have to ask so silly and basic questions; any
pointers or hints appreciated!
oki,
Steffen
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list