math.h library

David Kirkby david.kirkby@onetel.net
Mon Apr 25 16:03:00 GMT 2011


On 25 April 2011 15:35, wayne schlemitz <schmtzway@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir:
>
> I am using suse 10 writing a c program that should use exp() or pow() from the math.h library after checking the library the math.h seems to be missing these functions. Is this header part of gcc or from the distribution? If I need a math .h header file where can I obtain one to install to correct this problem?
>
> Thank you and appreciate your help.
>
> Wayne Schlemitz
> schmtzway@yahoo.com


These should probably be part of the operating system.

I know on AIX, the maths library libm.a does not exist on a default
install and one needs to include the bos.adt fileset.

I would consider math.h to be a developer header file, so a cut-down
distribution of some operating system might not include it.

Dave



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list