a question about one part of gcc manual

David Kirkby david.kirkby@onetel.net
Mon Apr 25 06:37:00 GMT 2011


On 24 April 2011 13:00, ali hagigat <hagigatali@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3.14 options for directory search
> "This is to ensure that GCC's procedure to fix buggy system headers
> and the ordering for the include-next directive are not inadvertently
> changed.  "
>
> I do not understand this part the gcc manual. What is GCC procedure?
> How buggy system headers will be fixed? and what ordering is talking
> about? What is include-next the manual is talking about? I wonder if
> anybody can study this part and say that in other words.

I guess this is a reference the the "fixincludes"

http://www.gnu.org/software/autogen/fixinc.html

which gcc uses to "fix" header files it does not like. In practice,
I've found the gcc solution to be far from optimal.

I note that the Clang compiler has rejected the fixincludes approach
used by gcc.

Dave



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list