Gcc 4.6.0 bootstrap fails with in-tree GMP/MPFR/MPC

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Apr 8 23:50:00 GMT 2011


Matt Fago <fago@earthlink.net> writes:

> I'm trying to build gcc 4.6.0 on OpenSuSE 11.2 x86_64 with latest MPC, 
> MPFR, GMP built in-tree (vers 0.9, 3.0.1, 5.0.1). I've always used 
> in-tree builds in the past as they are the least troublesome.
>
> Configuring with:
>
> ../gcc-4.6.0/configure --prefix=/usr/local \
> --libdir=/usr/local/lib64 --program-suffix=-4.6 \
> --with-arch=corei7 --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran --enable-gold \
> --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-linux-futex \
> --without-system-libunwind --with-ppl-lib=/usr/lib64 \
> --with-ppl-include=/usr/include --with-cloog-lib=/usr/lib64 \
> --with-cloog-include=/usr/include --enable-lto
>
> I get several errors such as:
>
> [...]/gcc/gcc-build-4.6.0/./mpc/src/.libs/libmpc.a(pow.o): In function mpc_pow_exact':                                                                                  
> [...]/gcc/gcc-build-4.6.0/mpc/src/../../../gcc-4.6.0/mpc/src/pow.c:123: undefined reference to `mpfr_get_z_2exp'
>
>
> Evidently this is caused by MPC picking up the older incompatible 
> system version of MPFR? Shouldn't this be taken care of by the 
> in-tree onfig somehow?

Yes, it should.  This sounds like a bug.

> BTW, I find it unfortunate that PPL and ClooG cannot also be built 
> in this way. Is there some reason, or just priorities?

Priorities, in a sense.  They are optional libraries, and the set of
people who use those libraries is disjoint from the set of people who
maintain the build system.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list