problem building gcc-4.6.0

Arnab Das arnabcool.das@gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 09:05:00 GMT 2011


Hello,

                This is my first use of cygwin and gcc. I currently
require the gcc compiler so I’m using Cygwin for it. I am facing
problem installing gcc 4.6.0 wth cygwin.

Steps I tried:

1)      Installed Cygwin from setup.exe. (success)

2)      Installed latest ver. of all prerequisites(viz. bash,
binutils, bzip2, gcc-core,  gzip, m4 and make) through cygwin setup.
(success)

3)      Installed gmp, mpfr, mpc in sequence(by building from source
code). (success)

4)      Configured gcc-4.6.0 with  --enable-languages=c (from the
build directory as instructed in the gcc site) (success)

5)      Build gcc-4.6.0 (error)



Last few lines during building including error:

cc1-checksum.o main.o  libbackend.a ../libcpp/libcpp.a
../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a ../libcpp/libc
pp.a -lintl  ../libiberty/libiberty.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a
 -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp   -L../zlib -lz
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot find -lmpc
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot find -lmpfr
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot find -lgmp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [cc1.exe] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/gcc/build/gcc'
make[2]: *** [all-stage2-gcc] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/gcc/build'
make[1]: *** [stage2-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/gcc/build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I’ve attached config.status file in case is needed.

Please help me as I am new to gcc and also linux environment.

Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: config.status
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 31497 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20110405/e11a8aa4/attachment.obj>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list