Suggestion to induce a random delay before compiling.

Enrico Weigelt weigelt@metux.de
Fri Sep 24 12:36:00 GMT 2010

* Dr. David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net> wrote:

> We have noted on the Sage maths project that we get occasional build
> failures when the constituent parts are built in parallel. Each time a bug
> is found, the Makefile gets edited, only for another to be found. I built
> one component called "Singular" 110 times and it worked in all 110 times. I
> did this in 4 directories and started the builds at different times, but
> still I got the problem.

Smells like the dependencies are not modelled correctly in the
Makefiles. I'd suggest a deeper revision.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666