effect of -fPIC on code speed

Miles Bader miles@gnu.org
Thu Sep 16 11:04:00 GMT 2010

"Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net> writes:
> Well gcc is not the only compiler in use today, and many of the others
> don't use -fPIC.

Sure, but since my question was sent to the "gcc-help" mailing list, you
can assume that it's referring to gcc...

[I would have the configure script test to make sure that the compiler
at least accepted the option before using it though.]

-Miles

--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff