C++ code works on gcc 4.4 but doesn't compile on 4.5.1

Marc Glisse marc.glisse@inria.fr
Wed Sep 8 08:33:00 GMT 2010

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010, Hugo Arregui wrote:

> Hi!, it's me again :-).
>
>> In doubt, as this compiles fine with g++-4.4, clang++, icpc and sunCC, you
>> may want to file a bug report. At worst you'll be pointed to a precise
>> explanation of why this might be illegal. At best someone will make it work
>> again :-)
>
> I'm trying to make a little testcase without std lib dependencies, but
> I cannot reproduce the bug without it.
>
> Here the code:
>
> http://pastebin.com/XeA4QgVy
>
> If you uncomment the two commented lines (adding the std code), the
> error shows, but using my fake list class, the error dosn't occur.
>
> Can you give me a point? or its better to report with std dependencies?

It is better without the dependency, but it is perfectly OK to report it
with the dependency if you couldn't remove it. It would be different if it
was some third-party header.

--
Marc Glisse