Info, warning, and error messages using gcc

VAUGHAN Jay (D3S) jay.vaughan@thalesgroup.com
Mon Sep 27 10:19:00 GMT 2010

> So how is someone to determine what a particular message means when it
> is not apparent from the message itself ? Ask here each time ?

Ask, or learn more about the problem until you understand what the message means.  There
are very terse messages in gcc, but after using it for ~20 years, I can honestly say that
there hasn't been a single message that was ever totally unclear .. certainly I have
learned a lot about code by trying to dig deep and understand the messages.

If you do run into something that you just cannot comprehend, this list is here for you ..
I've also rarely seen someone not get an answer posted on this list, no matter how 'green'
the asker may be .. ;)

--
;                                                           Thales Austria GmbH
Jay Vaughan, Programmer                                     Scheydgasse 41