questions about gcalc front end

charfi asma charfiasma@yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 17 13:38:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

I tried to compile a .gcal file using gcalc fe.
test.gcal contains only x=2;

[root@is010178 Gcalc]# /usr/local/bin/gcal -S -fdump-tree-all t.gcal
calc1: note: primary: INTEGER
calc1: note: expression: primary
calc1: note: expression: expression '=' expression
calc1: note: statements: statements stmt

when I look at gimple and generic IR I notice that it is not the same structure
(as Philip said).
I red last year papers in the GCC summit saying that gimple and generic have the
same grammar with some restriction in gimple: only 3 adress structure are
allowed, ...
but I can see here that Generic is a composed of tree codes (function_decl,
integer_cst, ...) however gimple is a set of gimple instruction that are
different from tree code (gimple_assign, gimple_bind,... )

My questions are:

1. Is this difference due to changes applyed to Gimple that becomes based on
tuples rather than trees ?
2. what is the function (in the gcalc fe) that transform generic to gimple ?
3. when I want to generate the executable from x=2 (I omit the -S option) I get
this error (linker error)

[root@is010178 Gcalc]# /usr/local/bin/gcal -fdump-tree-all t.gcal
calc1: note: primary: INTEGER
calc1: note: expression: primary
calc1: note: expression: expression '=' expression
calc1: note: statements: statements stmt
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcalc
collect2: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution

thanks

Asma