Bootstrap problem

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Sep 17 05:20:00 GMT 2010

Salvatore Filippone <salvatore.filippone@uniroma2.it> writes:

> ../../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/array_type_info.cc:33:1: internal
> compiler error: tree check: expected tree that contains 'decl with RTL'
> structure, have 'addr_expr' in output_constant, at varasm.c:4408
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> make[4]: *** [array_type_info.lo] Error 1

That is code which is only ever executed when compiling for the ia64
target.  I would guess that something changed and nobody tested it for
ia64.  If you're not up for debugging it yourself, then please file a
bug report according to the instructions at http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html
No need to include a test case, as it is part of gcc itself.

Ian