[GCC front end] trying to install python fe but fail in make

Philip Herron redbrain@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Sep 13 19:35:00 GMT 2010

On 13 September 2010 17:17, charfi asma <charfiasma@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Finally I installed the python fe ;)
> I disable the werror and I did not get any errors when compiling the python fe
> ;)
>
> but I did not realy understand why should I install c first and after python ,
> --enable-languages=c,python did not work !! but --enable-langauge=c , make make
> install + adding python fe to the directroy and reconfigure with
> --enable-languages=python, make make install works !!

Glad it works now sorry for all the problems, i've found i needed a
bootstrapped version of gcc before i work with my front-end and i am
unsure why still maybe i need to play with my Make-lang.in but i
havent really had much time of late, but i do now :).

Let us know how you get on in your gcc hacking! :) you should try
compiling up the gcalc front-end its probably much better front-end to
study since mine has its own IR which i bring down to GENERIC which
will be quite off putting to read untill you get into it.

--Phil