C++ code works on gcc 4.4 but doesn't compile on 4.5.1

Marc Glisse marc.glisse@inria.fr
Sat Sep 4 07:29:00 GMT 2010

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Hugo Arregui wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> as the subject says, I'm having a problem trying to compile the
> attached code with gcc 4.5.1.
> The error is:
>
> test.cpp:16:46: error: prototype for 'typename
> std::list<T>::const_iterator Test<T>::begin() const' does not match
> any in class 'Test<T>'
> test.cpp:11:31: error: candidate is: Test<T>::const_iterator
> Test<T>::begin() const
> make: *** [test] Error 1
>
> I don't see any change related to this topic into the change logs.
> Can you give me a point?

In doubt, as this compiles fine with g++-4.4, clang++, icpc and sunCC, you
may want to file a bug report. At worst you'll be pointed to a precise
explanation of why this might be illegal. At best someone will make it
work again :-)

--
Marc Glisse