GCC 4.5.1: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby@onetel.net
Thu Sep 2 11:06:00 GMT 2010

IMHO, it would be very sensible if gcc had an option to configure such that the
location of the run-time libraries was hard-coded in. Then, as long as "gcc" is
in the path, the libraries would be found.

This issue seems to come up time and time again. Some think that's a bad idea -
but I think giving people the choice with an option to configure would be a good
idea.

I've tried arguing for this on the gcc bug database, but I've never got anywhere.

Dave