Partial Static Linkage

Brian McGrew brian@visionpro.com
Mon Nov 29 15:56:00 GMT 2010

Good morning all!

Is there a way to tell the compiler/linker to use whatever static libraries
are available first and then fall back to dynamic libraries only if static
fails???

I¹ve got some libraries that I¹ve created that I need to link in and they
are static.  However, some of the system libraries I rely on (like libXt)
have no static versions.  I need my program to pick up the static versions
of my libraries and then link to the dynamic versions of the system
libraries that have no static counterparts.

Is this doable???  How?

Thanks,

-b