Compiling problem with gcc4.5 libgcc

Cedric Roux cedric.roux@acri-st.fr
Wed May 5 07:39:00 GMT 2010

Jezuch wrote:
> checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in
> `/home/juju/Downloads/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libgcc':
> configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
> See `config.log' for more details.

Have a look at the file config.log in
/home/juju/Downloads/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libgcc
Dig for "error" in it, probably you have a bad LD_LIBRARY_PATH
I guess, so some library not found at some point. (Just a guess.)

By the way, I doubt there is a need to "sudo make" at this point.
Just "make" and "sudo make install" if you plan to put it in
/usr something.

My 0.01 euros, if that can help.