What is the latest gcc (gcj) version that I can in stall on RHEL3

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 17:17:00 GMT 2010

On 03/08/2010 04:51 PM, wagde wrote:

> I have a RHEL3 U9 (2.4.21-50.EL) machine. and I want to install gcj to
> compile some jave source code.
> Meanwhile I have gcj 3.2.3 installed but it's pretty old and I got some
> syntax error which are fixed in gcj 4.1.2.
>
> I wanted to know what is the latest gcc version which supported RHEL3?

To be honest I have no idea at all.  I expect I could get the latest
version working, but I don't know how difficult it would be.  You could
just download gcc 4.4.x and try building it.

Run ../contrib/download_ecj/ in the top of the gcc source tree before
starting the build.

Andrew.