Can be gcc portable to architecture without indexed addressing mode?
이환희
ad1984lee@gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 07:51:00 GMT 2010
Hello.
I have to start to make some c compiler for my own cpu. This cpu has
very simple core and has many limitations.
I think that many of those limitations are evitable in source coding.
But I cannot convince a few of them.
Instructions of this cpu core have no indexed addressing mode like
'base' + 'offset'.
This cpu can address memories only according to followings.
immediate addressing
indirect addressing with general registers
I really want to know that gcc is portable on this core in spite of
the limitation.
Without indexed addressing mode, in addressing local variables on
stack, or accessing array,
it's even very difficult to write hand assemble code.
So I need to know that gcc can overcome this limitation.
Please help me.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list