-fdefault-integer-8 in c
José Luis García Pallero
jgpallero@gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 12:36:00 GMT 2010
El día 10 de marzo de 2010 12:55, John (Eljay) Love-Jensen
<eljay@adobe.com> escribió:
> Hi José,
>
> Is there any reason you can't use int64_t from <stdint.h>?
>
> Or use int64_t indirectly by:
>
> #include <stdint.h>
> typedef int64_t matrix_index;
>
> The difficulty then will be to scrub your code to replace your int index types with matrix_index index type.
>
> On a 64-bit machine, where the natural word size is 64, I think that int should be 64-bit. But apparently my preferences are not in vogue.
>
> On all the 64-bit machines I use, int is half-word size (32-bit).
>
> Sincerely,
> --Eljay
>
Yes, if I use typedef I would to replace the definition in all my code
and it would be dangerous. But the problem is third party software,
for example BLAS (CBLAS interface). Users of fortran haven't the
problem because they can use at BLAS/LAPACK compile time the flag
-fdefault-integer-8, but C/C++ users can't do it.
--
*****************************************
José Luis García Pallero
jgpallero@gmail.com
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!
*****************************************
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list