optimization options not working

rohitgeek rohit23taneja@gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 04:57:00 GMT 2010

Thanks John and Ian.

@John
Until you posted this, i never thought like that. I get what you have
mentioned in post and when tried with function rather than in main {} as
mentioned by Ian too, i get what i expect. But why does optimizer does so?
Where is the assembly or data gone when doing the earlier way, because if we
put some data into registers and done some manipulations, then where are
they gone from assembly. I think my question has answer in your post ( "
optimizer ignores the data and computation") , but i am still not getting it
correctly.