gcc-core compile error

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Jun 10 07:37:00 GMT 2010

Alessandro Biasci <a.biasci@evidence.eu.com> writes:

> When I try to compile the gmp, mpc and mpfr dependanties of gcc I have
> to compile they for arm (CROSS_COMPILE) or for x86? Only the gcc
> compiler command have the options --build=i686
> --host=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi --target=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi?

With that configure line, you need to build the gmp, mpc, and mpfr for
ARM.  That configure line says that you want to build a compiler which
will run on an ARM system, and that you want to do the build on a x86
system.  You will have to copy the resulting compiler from the x86
system to the ARM system before you can run it.

Ian