Instrumenting GCC
Lucas Clemente Vella
lvella@gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 14:55:00 GMT 2010
Hi. I have defined the two functions __cyg_profile_func_enter() and
__cyg_profile_func_exit(), which I need to use to instument gcc
itself, by compiling it with -finstrument-functions. Can you advice
how can I do it?
I have been trying with:
$ export LDFLAGS="-rdynamic -lrt -ldl -g"
$ export CFLAGS="-finstrument-functions -fno-inline -O0 -g"
$ ../gcc-4.5.0/configure --program-prefix=trace-
--enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-bootstrap
$ make -j 4
As you can see, I haven't specified where to find my trace functions,
but I was hoping to see an undefined reference error that would give
me a clue on how to specify it. But not only the error didn't happen,
but also some files where compiled with -O2 and other optimizing
options that I rather not have. Why the linker did not complain about
the missing __cyg_profile_func_enter() and __cyg_profile_func_exit()
functions? Can you point me how can I avoid using optimizations and
use my instrument functions?
--
Lucas Clemente Vella
lvella@gmail.com.br
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list