[GCC front end] trying to install sample_fe but fail in make

charfi asma charfiasma@yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 24 23:41:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

Thank you Andi and Philip for all your suggestions.

In fact, The problem comes from the extraction of the sample_fe package ;)
I redownload the skeleton of sample_fe from the blog and I did not get any errors when calling configure, make bootstrap and make install ;)

Now the fe is well installed (I hope) and I tried to compile the example given in the blog : I created file1.sfe and I called the gcc (with the -S option, because the front end is supposed to produce the assembly code from a simple c++ prgram)

I get file named file1.o which is supposed to be the assembly file from file1.sfe
[root@is010178 sample_fe_files]# /usr/local/bin/gcc -S file1.sfe
Temps d'exécution (secondes)
TOTAL                 :   0.00             0.00             0.01                 61 kB

but when I open the sfe.s generated from gcc I get only those 3 lines:

    .file    "file1.sfe"
    .ident    "GCC: (GNU) 4.4.4"
    .section    .note.GNU-stack,"",@progbits

did I use the front end it in the wrong way ?

thank you for your help

Asma