cross-platform thread-safe RNG drand48_r

Qianqian Fang fangqq@gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:30:00 GMT 2010

On 06/06/2010 11:37 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> As far as I know drand48 is not in POSIX.  It's in the SVID and it's
> in X/Open, but I don't think it's in POSIX proper.  And as far as I
> know drand48_r is just a GNU extension to drand48.  But it's certainly
> possible that POSIX picked this up somewhere.

thanks for the quick response. I have a silly question though:
which standard are supposed to be supported by ggc of all
platforms? POSIX? SVID? c99?

> In any case, this sounds like a bug, but it sounds like a library bug;
> it doesn't sound like a compiler bug.

does anyone know if there are such libraries (libc?) for
Windows/Mac?