Error while cross compiling gcc-4.4.0

Kai Ruottu kai.ruottu@wippies.com
Tue Jul 6 16:51:00 GMT 2010

6.7.2010 17:26, Nil Mac kirjoitti:

> Hi all,
>    I am trying to cross compile gcc-4.4.0 on my i486-linux-gnu platform for a mipsel-linux machine.
>    Firstly,I am trying to compile a core gcc:
>    (1) ../$GCC_SRC/configure --prefix=$PREFIX  --with-gmp=$GMP --with-mpfr=$MPFR --target=mipsel-linux --enable-languages=c --disable-shared --disable-threads
>    (2)make all-gcc
>    (3)make install-gcc
>    and until now,there is no problems,and the following is my error:
>    (4)make all-target-libgcc
>    it reports:  "checking for suffix of object files...   configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile"
>    in config.log of libgcc,when it tries to compile conftest.c using xgcc,it reports "exec: 78: : Permission denied".
>    But when I go to the directory of xgcc and type "./xgcc",it reports "no input files" correctly.
>    So anyone has any suggestions?

The target C library is required of course!  Here the custom glibc for
your custom Linux/mipsel, "Debian", "Broadcomm", "OpenWRT" or
something... Or use some suitable replacement to bootstrap your GCC.

The 'fixinc' phase tries to fix the target headers, they will also
needed when producing the extra target libs with the new cross GCC,
just as the target libraries in order to investigate its properties.

The place for the target C library is nowadays a (carefully chosen)
$sysroot where the original native install scheme for the target
glibc, X11 libs,  GTK libs etc. can be keeped "as is"...