C++ compiler not installed on this system - error

ddmetro puzzlesdj@gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 21:58:00 GMT 2010


Hi All,

I am getting - 'C++ compiler not installed on this system' error, while
trying to install 'elcor' dependency of 'trimaran' project.

I tried looking in '/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/' which had four versions of
gcc installed (4.1, 4.1.3, 4.3, 4.3.3). 
However, $gcc -v 
gives following output:
----------------------------------------------
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
Configured with: ./configure
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.4.1 (GCC)
----------------------------------------------

I had installed gcc 4.4.1 manually once.

Doubts:
1. Once at the installation path of gcc 4.4.1, how do I overcome this - 'C++
compiler not installed on this system' error.
2. How do I make linux point to a automatically installed (using synaptic
manager in ubuntu) gcc?

Kindly suggest.

Thanking You,
Dhiraj P.
-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/C%2B%2B-compiler-not-installed-on-this-system---error-tp29177520p29177520.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list