Emission of store_multiple and load_multiple patterns

noeljohn noel.daniel@gmx.com
Fri Jan 29 09:49:00 GMT 2010

Ian Lance Taylor-3 wrote:

> noeljohn <noel.daniel@gmx.com> writes:
>
>>   The array as I have seen is not being treated as a vector. What it does
>> is
>> it directly loads the integer array data into the stack. This is normally
>> done for processors which does not have a support for multiple loading
>> and
>> storing of words. Is there any way by which we can convey gcc through
>> macros
>> that our architecture supports this multiple loading and storing
>> facility?
>
> I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  What specific
> instruction are you trying to generate, and what precisely does it do?
> When exact C code would you write that you would expect to generate
> this instruction?
>
> Ian

Hello Sir,
    The actual problem is that the array contents are not put in a separate
data section we would see in .s file. Suppose we take a arm processor or
rs6000 processor, a separate section will be created in which the array
contents will be stored and then these array contents are loaded into the
stack. I want this data section to be created. How should I go forward ?

noeljohn