Searching for a gcc option

Pierre Wieser pwieser@trychlos.org
Mon Jan 4 20:35:00 GMT 2010

Hi

I'am the maintainer of Nautilus-Actions, a Gnome application.

I'm afraid that my code may sometimes embed some sentences such as
    printf( "blah blah" );
instead of
    printf( "%s", "blah blah" );

For the second time, a Gentoo user complains about a syntax error
in the first form, probably due to a particular configuration option
of the Gentoo gcc.

Might someone be kind enough to point out which gcc option I should
use in order to be warned on this type of error, please ?
This may give better quality to my releases...

My current compilation options are:
-Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare -Werror -ansi -fstack-protector -Wno-overlength-strings -g -O2 -MT

Thanks in advance for your help
Regards
Pierre