Failed to build gcc 4.4.3, what's wrong
thinke365
thinke365@gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 05:19:00 GMT 2010
it is confusing,
this problem has something to do with kernel's version
when i switch to kernel 2.6.32.8,
this compilation process succeed.
without update glibc.
Ian Lance Taylor-3 wrote:
>
> thinke365 <thinke365@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> after nearly 3 hours building process, it failed finally.
>> the error message is shown as follows:
>>
>> libtool: compile:
>> /root/dsk/upload/gcc-4.4.3/host-i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc/xgcc
>> -B/root/dsk/upload/gcc-4.4.3/host-i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc/
>> -B/tools//i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/tools//i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/
>> -isystem
>> /tools//i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -isystem
>> /tools//i686-pc-linux-gnu/sys-include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
>> -I../.././libgfortran -I. -iquote../.././libgfortran/io
>> -I../.././libgfortran/../gcc -I../.././libgfortran/../gcc/config
>> -I../../host-i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu99 -Wall
>> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -Wextra
>> -Wwrite-strings -fcx-fortran-rules -g -O2 -MT unix.lo -MD -MP -MF
>> .deps/unix.Tpo -c ../.././libgfortran/io/unix.c -fPIC -DPIC -o
>> .libs/unix.o
>> /tmp/cctY54rM.s: Assembler messages:
>> /tmp/cctY54rM.s:5535: Error: symbol `fstatat64' is already defined
>> // what's wrong?
>> /tmp/cctY54rM.s:5576: Error: symbol `fstat64' is already defined
>> /tmp/cctY54rM.s:5613: Error: symbol `lstat64' is already defined
>> /tmp/cctY54rM.s:5650: Error: symbol `stat64' is already defined
>>
>> My build environment: Centos 5.3 , gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat
>> 4.1.2-44)
>
> I suspec that the problem is due to the change in the handling of
> "extern inline" functions in GNU99 mode. This issue is fixed in newer
> versions of glibc, but I don't really recommend trying to install a
> newer version of glibc. The fixincludes program is supposed to work
> around the problem, but perhaps that is not working for some reason.
> Please file a bug report about this. Thanks.
>
> Unless you need to use Fortran, you can probably avoid the problem by
> using --enable-languages=c,c++.
>
> Ian
>
>
--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Failed-to-build-gcc-4.4.3%2C-what%27s-wrong-tp27633615p27714090.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list