unrecognized command line option "-flto"

Nick Savoiu savoiu@yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 19:14:00 GMT 2010

Oh, I see. I thought that the announcement:

  October 3, 2009
  The LTO branch has been merged into trunk.  The next release of GCC will
  feature a new whole-program optimizer, able to perform interprocedural
  optimizations across different files, even if they are written in
  different languages.

meant that from GCC 4.4.2 on there was LTO included in GCC.

Thanks, I'll try one of the 4.5 sources.

Nick