floating point inconsistency

Vincent Lefevre vincent+gcc@vinc17.org
Wed Feb 17 15:38:00 GMT 2010

On 2010-02-17 14:50:33 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> What is the current state of libraries for correctly rounded
> functions?

The last CRlibm beta is 1-year old:

  http://lipforge.ens-lyon.fr/projects/crlibm/

But the main work is now done with much better tools (written by
Arénaire) than before, meaning that new functions could be written
in a few hours (well, except range reduction):

  http://lipforge.ens-lyon.fr/www/metalibm/

> The main paper I see on making this faster dates from
> November 1998, although there is [2], not online.  Are we in a
> position where we can use something faster than the IBM Accurate
> Mathematical Library?

I'm not sure. You can contact Florent for more information.

  http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/florent.de.dinechin/recherche/index.eng.html

(I'll tell him about this thread.)