Should I read GCC manual ?

arnuld uttre arnuld.mizong@gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 09:56:00 GMT 2010

Some years ago someone told me this:    "if you are a C Programmer and
work on GNU/Linux (Lignux ?)  and you have system programming as your
hobby, intend on work on OS side then you need to master these three
things:

1) ANSI C (and/or C++)
2) your compiler (gcc)
3) I forgot

I work on GNU/Linux most of the time as hobby and I I fit the
description above and have turned the system programming hobby of mine
into a job. Hence I intend to understand GNU C compiler (gcc) and for
that can you guys tell me if these 2 books are required:

http://shop.fsf.org/product/gnu-c-library-application-fundamentals/
http://shop.fsf.org/product/gnu-c-library-system-network-applications/

or reading them will not make much difference ?

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/the-lost-love-of-mine/