Building GCC 4.3.3 for the ARM processor.

Vincent Forbes vwfst55@gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 01:27:00 GMT 2010

Thanks for the reply.

> By default gcc will use an internal unwind library.  If you use
> --with-system-libunwind, gcc will use the system libunwind library
> instead.  The --with-system-libunwind option has been around since at
> least gcc 4.1.

Yes, I thought it best to understand what it did before I change it.
The internal GCC would like this under libgcc_eh since its closely
coupled to C++, correct?

> Sounds like a bug.
>
> Ian

A compiler bug or a configuration bug (posted below).  If its the
later, I am sure I can convince my colleagues to let me switch
releases.

Using built-in specs.
Target: arm-linux-gnueabi
Configured with:
/opt/tmp/work/gcc-cross-4.3.3-r6.1/gcc-4.3.3/configure
--build=i686-linux
--host=i686-linux
--target=arm-linux-gnueabi
--prefix=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te
--exec_prefix=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te
--bindir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/bin
--sbindir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/bin
--libexecdir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/libexec
--datadir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5/share
--sysconfdir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/etc
--sharestatedir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/com
--localstatedir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/var
--libdir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/lib
--includedir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/include
--oldincludedir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/include
--infodir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/share/info
--mandir=/opt/tmp/cross/armv5te/share/man
--with-gnu-ld
--enable-shared
--enable-target-optspace
--enable-languages=c,c++,objc,fortran
--enable-threads=posix
--enable-multilib
--enable-c99
--enable-long-long
--enable-symvers=gnu
--enable-libstdcxx-pch
--program-prefix=arm-linux-gnueabi-
--enable-cheaders=c_std
--enable-libssp
--disable-bootstrap
--disable-libgomp
--disable-libmudflap
--with-float=soft
--with-local-prefix=/opt/staging/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/opt/staging/usr/include/c++
--with-sysroot=/opt/staging
--with-build-sysroot=/opt/staging/
--enable-cheaders=c_std
--without-system-libunwind