How can I avoid the dreaded "cannot compute suffix of object files"?

Dennis Clarke dclarke@blastwave.org
Thu Feb 11 14:55:00 GMT 2010

> I'm trying to build gcc 4.3.2 on a Sun Blade 1000 running Solaris 10 03/05
> (there are good reasons for wanting to use an older release of Solaris
> 10).
>
> I've patched

David, I never use LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Solaris unless someone has a taser
pressed to my head. It is very bad practice.

Just try --with-gmp=/opt/csw --with-mpfr=/opt/csw or whereever you have
it. Do not put "lib" there.

Also, set your LD_OPTIONS correctly and use the Sun linker and you should
be okay.

--
Dennis Clarke
dclarke@opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris