cortex-m3 gcc uclinux toolchain error

RK Raggit rk.raggit@gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:39:00 GMT 2010

Hello friends,

I have built a uclinux-uclibc toolchain using gcc 4.4.2, binutils 2.20
(with elf2flt)
and uClibc 0.9.30.2 for cortex-m3 non-MMU architecture. When i try to compile
a simple helloworld program using this toolchain i get the following -

[raghun@PINGU bin]$ ./arm-cm3-uclinux-uclibceabi-gcc my.c
ERROR: reloc type R_ARM_ABS32 is not supported for PIC
ERROR: reloc type R_ARM_ABS32 is not supported for PIC
ERROR: reloc type R_ARM_ABS32 is not supported for PIC
ERROR: reloc type R_ARM_ABS32 is not supported for PIC
ERROR: reloc type R_ARM_GOT32 is not supported
ERROR: reloc type R_ARM_GOT32 is not supported
ERROR: reloc type R_ARM_GOTOFF32 is not supported
ERROR: reloc type R_ARM_GOTOFF32 is not supported
53 bad relocs
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I am attaching a "gcc -v" output of the above with this mail. I could not find
anything obviously wrong with that log.

gcc seems unhappy about something. I am unable to figure out
what it is.

Could you please guide ?

Thanks
--RK