how to build a MIPS cross-compiler with gcc source code?

刘卓 lzhskywalker@gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 05:59:00 GMT 2010

Hello,
    I'm a freshman here. I was trying to build a cross-compiler which
runs on a x86 machine and could generate MIPS octeon target. I'm not
sure how to do this. I looked through gcc installation manual and I
couldn't find relative instructions.
   So I tried figure it out by checking this command out "./configure
--help", and then I found an option '--target' that might be helpful.
But it seems did not provide a list for valid targets. I've tried
'--target=mips64octeon' and '--target=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu', so
far, neither of these works.
   Did I miss something? Do I need some other tools to get it done?
Please show me the resolution or just tell me where I can find an
instruction for this.

Thanks.