GCC GUI???

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 01:32:00 GMT 2010

On 27 December 2010 23:02, emanu wrote:

>> No.  Those are what is needed if you wish to build GCC yourself.
>> GCC is a command line program.
>
> Well, I didn´t wanted to compile a program to them compile another program.
> I wanted a working program to compile in. And I know GCC is a command line
> program but am looking for a GUI "version" of it. I've found MinGW to be
> one.
> (using Windows 7) I downloaded it but it wont run. Great packages. It
> presents
> an error message saying it misses the file: msys-1.0.dll.

If you have a problem with the mingw packages, try asking on a mingw list.

Or you could search the web for "msys" which turns up this page, with
instructions on installing MSYS:
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS

As others have said, if you want to do Windows-style, GUI-driven
development, then download Windows-style, GUI-driven IDEs that include
compilers, editors etc. in one system.

If you want to use GCC and run a command-line compiler, stop
complaining on the gcc mailing lists that it's not a GUI.

And if you don't want to build GCC from source, don't download the
source package and complain that it's a lot of files, use one of the
options given at http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html
And if you have problems with those, you're better off asking for help
from those projects, not GCC.