GCC GUI???

David Daney ddaney@caviumnetworks.com
Mon Dec 27 22:37:00 GMT 2010

On 12/27/2010 02:18 PM, emanu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is really not userfriendly or is it. I downloaded the aprox 60MB file
> of GCC wich extracted into aprox 66000 files and how on earth should one
> figure that out. No executable... where in the 4000 folders might it be? In
> the Install-folder it seams to hold the pages found at
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/
>
> Sincerely... are all thoose prerequisites and steps needed to be followed
> and understood to use GCC?

No.  Those are what is needed if you wish to build GCC yourself.

> Many steps contain a lot of terms and names of stuff that one is not
> familiar with. Feal like I would have to  be a 9-star hacker/nerd/wizard to
> get thru it. Does it really have to be this hard to become introduced to
> GCC?
>
> Is there no GUI version?

GCC is a command line program.

> A version that you can actually download and
> install?

You didn't say which operating system you are using, but it is very
likely that there is a pre-built GCC that you can just install and it
will work.

Some operating systems have package management systems that will
install GCC for you.  For those that do not, you can get one by
following the links on this page:

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

> I want to play with the Gravit 0.4.2 source code wich I belive has been
> written in C and compiled in GCC, Make etc.

Good Luck,

David Daney