completely unable to get Gcc 4.4.5 to build with local Gmp/Mpfr

Oliver Kullmann O.Kullmann@swansea.ac.uk
Mon Dec 27 22:07:00 GMT 2010

Just as your e-mail came in, I've discovered that myself
(reading the make-output :-().

There are always so many unknowns in these (unfortunately fully
unspecified) builds, one always runs around like a randomised chicken.

It runs now much longer as before, so there's hope.

Will it actually solve the linking problems by itself (apparently
the only possibility is static linking), or does one have to add
run-time linker-instructions when running gcc? I hope not (that
was the major motivation to do it this way).

Thanks!

Oliver