relinking `libjvm.la' error when make install libjava

majia gm gmmajia@gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:45:00 GMT 2010

2010/12/17 Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com>:
> On 12/17/2010 02:01 AM, majia gm wrote:
>
>> Here's my configure line.
>>
>> $SOURCE/gcc-4.4.2/configure --host=$HOST --target=$TARGET
>> --prefix=/usr --build=$BUILD  --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-shared
>> --enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit
>> --enable-languages=c,c++,java --disable-libstdcxx-pch
>> --disable-multilib --with-pkgversion=${VERSION}_${DATE}
>>
>> libpthread.so.0 is a link to libpthread-2.9.so.
>
> Please don't top-post on this list.
>
> It's clear what your problem is: you need a sysroot for your target.
> --with-sysroot= should point to a directory that contains all the
> libraries and include files for your target.
>
> Andrew.

>>> I am replying on gcc-help.  Please use that list for questions.
>>>
>>> Tell us the configure line you used.
>>>
>>> What is in /lib/libpthread.so.0 ?
>>>
>>> Andrew.

Sorry, I'm a real newbie. Thank you very much for you patience.

I tried the --with-sysroot option, but fail again with the same error.

Here's how I do the compilation.
All the things are tried on a x86 machine. First I built a
cross-toolchain for ARM, then I use this cross-toolchain to build an
ARM native toolchain with the --with-sysroot pointing to the directory
cantains the libs and include files generated by the cross toolchain.

When make install the native toolchain, here comes the relink error.