installed directory important (--prefix=)

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue Dec 7 06:13:00 GMT 2010


kevin diggs <diggskevin38@gmail.com> writes:

> Since I am having difficulty getting 4.3.5 to ... cooperate. Can I do
> a non-profiled build of ada. Install it to a directory. Then do a
> profiled build of everything else and install it to the same place and
> not have chaos ensue?

I would expect it to work, but it's not like I've tried it.

> If I do a build with enable-languages=ada and then install it will it
> overwrite an existing C in the same prefix? (In other words what order
> should I do these installs?)

It will overwrite the gcc binary itself.  That doesn't matter much
unless you use "gcc" to compile code which is not in C, rather than
using, say, "g++" or "gfortran".

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list