Bug in Build System of gcc-4.5.1? Cannot Find libmpc.so.2

Tom Browder tom.browder@gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 00:54:00 GMT 2010

> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 09:17, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
>> However, just running download_prerequisites is, IMVHO, the only sane way
>> to do it.

That's the solution I used, and I got a good build--thanks for the tip, Andrew.

I think what we have here is a gcc dependence on specific versions of
gmp, mpfr, and mpc--more than is indicated in the installation
instructions.  I have used later versions of all of them and they
cause interdependency problems of all sorts with later rerequisites.

I still had one problem with the build: my option "--enable-suffix=X"
wasn't applied for some reason.  I may have made some other mistake so
I'll try again later.

I also have noticed some other messages that look like they need
cleaning up--will continue to investigate.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions.

Now I'll tackle ppl and cloog.

Regards,

-Tom